Engineering and construction
Electrical Commissioning Lead
Imagine a future where you support our green energy transformation by supervising the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of our offshore windfarms
Join us in this role where you’ll support our North East Program of offshore wind farms. You’ll be supervising teams that are responsible for high voltage and low voltage commissioning, maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting of equipment in accordance with our electrical safety rules.
Welcome to Construction
You’ll be part of the Electrical Safety team where you, together with your colleagues, will supervise colleagues operating, maintaining, and repairing HV and LV equipment throughout the region and you’ll head a team of highly skilled high voltage transmission specialists. While on site, you’ll report directly to the Lead Commissioning Windfarm Manager, and your Functional Line Manager for your further development. As a team, we cultivate a safety-focused, collaborative, dynamic, and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
You’ll play an important role in:
- safely energizing and testing high-voltage equipment on newly constructed wind farm facilities
- cultivating a safety culture at new offshore wind farm facilities by mentoring and training team members and contractors in the Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules
- providing regular planning and work direction to a team of HV transmission specialists and control room operators
- mentoring new employees to obtain electrical authorizations, reviewing procedures to ensure correctness and compliance with standards
- supporting the Wind Farm Commissioning Project Manager in planning and executing acceptance tests, energizations, and operational and compliance testing of the full windfarm.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have minimum five years of onshore or offshore electrical substation site experience, where an electrical engineering education, combined with operational high voltage switching experiences is preferable
- have team leadership experience on a jobsite or operational facility i.e., oil and gas or nuclear powerplant background
- can complete medical checks and rigorous trainings, incl. Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules Training, Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET), and Global Wind Organization (GWO) Offshore Training courses
- are willing to work offshore on a rotational schedule during commissioning execution
can meet and maintain specific medical criteria, incl. weight limitations of 270 lbs, extended periods of sitting, walking, or standing, climbing wind towers daily, identifying colors, and lifting up to (50) pounds.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.