Our approach to sustainability reflects how our business is interlinked with nature and society. In our experience, adopting a stakeholder perspective is the best way to inform and prioritise our strategic direction on sustainability.
Over the years, we’ve developed a systematic approach for identifying sustainability themes and underlying challenges, and for integrating sustainability into our business through dedicated sustainability programmes.
In 2021, we identified five key impact areas to be addressed in the process of manufacturing, installing and operating green energy assets:
- Carbon emissions in renewable energy supply chains
- Local ecosystems and biodiversity
- Circular use of natural resources
- Human rights in global supply chains
- Impacts on local communities