Strategy and business development
Lead Market Development Manager Japan
Imagine a future where you’re part of implementing the green energy strategy in the Asia-Pacific by commercialising the offshore wind business in the Asia-Pacific power system
Join us in this role where you’ll play an integral role in the development of a new market where we’re already active in an early stage.
Welcome to APAC Market Development
You’ll be part of the Market Development team in Japan where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the development and strategic process for offshore wind energy projects, pursuing all aspects of market development and origination efforts in Japan.
You’ll play an important role in:
- pursuing all aspects of offshore wind business development and origination by leading development in coordination with global colleagues, identifying new origination prospects, and spearheading new transactions
- liaising with external stakeholders, including government officials (especially at prefecture/city/town level), fishery unions, local suppliers, etc. to promote the development of new offshore wind projects
- supporting commercial negotiation of new transactions
- assisting development teams in all stages of project development
- managing tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal/external support and consultants
- preparing and presenting business cases to management regarding new markets, projects, and structures.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college programme (business, economics, law, and/or engineering degrees preferred) – a master’s degree or MBA is a plus
- speak, read, and write Japanese and English fluently
- have substantial experience from the energy, banking, private equity, consulting, engineering/construction, or infrastructure/utilities sector
- have a strong understanding of economic merits and risks associated with clean energy projects (experience in contracts and valuation models a plus)
- preferably have experience within wholesale electricity sales and/or the renewable energy industry and possess knowledge of the electric utility industry and electric energy markets
- are an excellent user of MS Office and/or similar applications.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2021/7/15. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll liaise with and build strong connections with external stakeholders, including government officials, fishery unions, local suppliers, etc., to promote the development of new offshore wind projects.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.