Operations and technicians
SOV Operations Manager
Imagine a future where you take up the exciting challenge of managing one of our technician teams for operations of our large-scale offshore wind farm
Join us in this role where you’ll be working offshore from our brand new state of the art Service Operating Vessel SOV. You’ll be the manager and lead a team of skilled technicians working a shift rotation to service and operate our offshore wind turbines and transmission infrastructure.
You’ll be responsible for safety and productivity where you’ll ensure that the highest standards are achieved and that the wind farm produces maximum generation whilst maintaining planned and unplanned maintenance.
Welcome to our Greater Changhua 0102a Operations and Maintenance team
You’ll be part of Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the operations and maintenance of the offshore wind farm. You’ll be reporting to the Head of Site Operations in Taichung and be responsible for taking leadership of your team, ensuring your team are focused, engaged, deployed effectively, and happy.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing a strong, positive HSE culture and ensuring that there’s always a focus on maintaining and improving standards
- being responsible for the line management and development of the technicians under your responsibility
- coordinating technician resources and shift patterns
- being responsible for the operation of the wind farm during your 14 days shift rotation and supporting the Head of Site Operations on safe delivery and performance of operations and maintenance at site
- managing the daily planning and the communication to our main contractor and other third-party companies working on the site
- participating in planning and scheduling meetings with the Planning or Scheduling function and the service provider under-warranty, as required to schedule service, retrofits, and corrective maintenance, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant educational background with experience in operational management, ideally within an engineering, manufacturing, or utilities business
- have an analytical approach to your work, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and calmly without losing perspective
- have experience with team, performance, and line management
- have experience working with electrical or mechanical engineering in a relevant industry
- are able to create excellent results through teamwork and develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners
- are able to speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 17-06-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations TW, , on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have approx. 10-15 days of local or international travels to our sister sites for training and meeting purposes.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.