Engineering and construction
Technical Project Manager for Offshore Wind Projects
Imagine a future where you lead the technical development of ambitious offshore wind farm projects in the rapidly growing offshore wind market in Japan
Join us in this role where you’ll develop and optimise all technical asset of the wind farm and handle the associated costs in cooperation with the Project Development Manager. You’ll be part of the project from the early concept development stages through bid delivery and secure post development until the transfer to the construction team.
Welcome to APAC Project Development
You’ll be part of APAC Technical Development and Support where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible of the technical developments in our offshore wind farm projects. You’ll be working in various team set-ups, depending on your assigned project. Each team will consist of specialists within different technical fields. You’ll have a dual reporting line where you’ll report to both the Line Manager and the Project Development Manager.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the technical development of the project including but not limited to WTG, foundation, cable, and electrical system
- leading a technical team of +25 persons depending on the projects scope and phase
- driving and compiling CAPEX, OPEX, and ABEX expenditures into the business case of the project
- ensuring an economic feasibility of the most attractive cases and relevant alternatives
- developing an attractive supply chain plan with a procurement manager.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience with project management, preferably in onshore or offshore wind projects
- have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in relevant engineering
- have excellent communication skills with a demonstrable track record of working across internal and external stakeholder groups
- are able to lead projects and navigate in a fast moving, multi-cultural project organisation
- have commercial and financial acumen.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30-06-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting Japanese stakeholder (project partner, authority, local community, etc) within Japan, as well as your project team in various locations, including Europe and Taiwan.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.