Strategy and business development
Senior Sustainability Advisor to drive biodiversity programme
Imagine a future where you play a key role in developing our strategic approach to biodiversity to create a world that runs entirely on green energy and is in balance with nature
Join us in this role where you’ll drive our strategic biodiversity programme in cooperation with experts in Permitting and Consents across the three continents where we operate. To succeed in combatting climate change, the build-out of renewable energy must be balanced with the need to protect nature and the interests of other industries. We’re accelerating our build-out of green energy to more diverse ecosystems and are looking for a colleague to help develop a global and more programmatic approach to biodiversity.
Welcome to Global Sustainability
You’ll be part of Strategic Environmental Programmes where you, together with your colleagues, will enable the company to strengthen its position as a globally recognised climate and environmental leader. The team is responsible for the organisation’s portfolio of strategic environmental programmes, including our programmes to reach carbon neutrality, decarbonise our supply chain, enable circularity, and manage biodiversity impacts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving the design, launch, and implementation of the programme in close collaboration with colleagues in Permitting and Consents
- identifying strategic focus areas for on-the-ground biodiversity initiatives across our business activities and geographic footprint
- defining metrics to manage and monitor our biodiversity performance and report on this in our annual sustainability report
- overseeing progress across the different workstreams, and preparing decision materials for senior management and the steering committee to drive the programme forward
- leading dialogue and collaboration with key environmental NGOs with regards to biodiversity.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong analytical mindset and the ability to identify emerging trends and stakeholder expectations within biodiversity and translate them into a concrete programme ambition and action plan
- are passionate and have a strong knowledge of biodiversity strategies related to large infrastructure projects as well as proven success with implementing them in a global and complex organisation
- possess strong project management skills and work in a well-structured manner, enabling you to quickly adapt project plans and priorities to changing requirements, while continuing to drive results
- are energised by working with diverse colleagues and have a track record of driving consensus and moving stakeholders towards a common goal
- are well-versed in your communication in oral and written English, can develop convincing top-down analyses, positions, and decision materials, and can adjust your communication style to the audience.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Maria Virginia Dundas, Head of Strategic Environment Programmes, on +4599557595 on weekdays between 12:00 and 13:00 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.