Engineering and construction
Student Assistant in structural engineering
Imagine a future where you support our structural department by designing foundations for offshore wind farms.
Join us in this role where you’ll become a Student Assistant in Structural Engineering. The department is responsible for structural assessment of the foundation including design drawings for our offshore wind farm structures. We support our organisation with expert knowledge from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and follow-up in the operations phase. We offer an exciting student job in a dynamic environment where you’ll have influence on and be responsible for handling tasks on your own.
Welcome to Structural Engineering
You’ll be part of Secondary Structures Execution where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to the development of our future offshore wind farms. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in our employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assisting with capacity calculations using our in-house tools and design briefs
- participating as a resource in reassessment and other O&M related tasks
- collecting as-built documentation for verification of ongoing asset projects
- assisting drawing review and O&M manuals for ongoing asset projects
- performing miscellaneous work e.g., going through measurement data, updating databases, and maintaining our department information sites.
To succeed in the role, you:
- thrive in a changeable environment, and are able to handle several tasks simultaneously
- can focus on a specific task for long periods and work in a structured manner when delivering an assignment
- speak and write English fluently, have a positive attitude, and are eager to learn besides showing initiative, collaborating easily with colleagues and business partners, and providing and welcome feedback.
- are preferably an ambitious student of structural engineering and have at least one - two years left before graduating
- preferably have a thorough understanding of structural dynamics within wind turbine technology
- preferably have an interest and flair for programming and knowledge of MATLAB, Python, or Mathcad Prime.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 17 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Kvistgaard Christiansen, Manager, on +4599557329 between 13-15 CET on Tuesdays and Thursdays if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.