Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Head of Strategic Permitting - North America
Imagine a future where you join a fast-growing and high-focus area supporting our wind power organization and provide line management support for the Strategic Permitting team
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the Strategic Permitting team to advise the projects at all stages on key risk areas in permitting and compliance, while at the same time line managing a group of diverse and skilled team members to enable them to perform at the highest standard.
Welcome to North America Permitting, Environment & Marine Affairs
You’ll be part of Strategic Permitting where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on cross-permitting risk reduction, bid support, compliance, agency engagement, and outreach for a variety of external stakeholders. This role requires strong internal engagement with our Permitting, Marine Affairs and Corporate Affairs teams.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that strategic stakeholders are prioritized from a portfolio perspective and working with those external stakeholders in high-risk areas, implementing a strategy for managing those areas and cost reductions across the projects
- developing the team in relation to the project management disciplines and specialist competences to ensure the best possible support to the organization and portfolio of projects
- being responsible for updating internal teams on key risks, embedding and maintaining knowledge, and communicating on key environmental risks and subsequent mitigation strategies in the North America region
- driving the standardization/efficiency of the deliverables across the portfolio, working closely with the Head of Permitting and the Head of Marine Affairs
- ensuring lessons learned are fed back into the value chain and best practices are implemented across the various projects and sites in the different markets
- providing insight internally on future risks and opportunities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and inspire, with experience in direct line management
- have experience working across multiple projects and in challenging situations
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- possess the ability to proactively manage risks and adapt in a changing environment
- have in-depth knowledge of US regulations and policies, as well as established relationships with decision-makers, policy-makers, and state/federal authorities
- have excellent knowledge of the environmental legislation and permitting processes in relation to the US market combined with exceptional stakeholder management abilities.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3/30/2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that you’re expected to travel regularly in relation to your work, as you’ll be working across many states in the North America region and with some limited travel to Europe.