Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Project and Contractor Specialist
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of a team ensuring effective and safe operation of the Borssele 01+02 offshore wind farm, learning to manage safe projects and contractor activities in the renewable energy sector.
Join us in this role where, on a daily basis, you’ll be in the driving seat of onshore and offshore projects, ensure the completion of safe work by teams of contractors, and coordinate improvements to the daily work for technicians and the Site Support Team. Reporting to the Site Support Manager, you’ll become part of a team of skilled individuals who focus on keeping operations running effectively. You’ll be supported in growing your personal and professional skills, contributing to high performance wind farm operations.
Welcome to Borssele 01+02 Operations
You’ll be part of the Site Support team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that the Borssele Operations team is supported in the effective operation and maintenance of the offshore wind farm, providing planning, warehouse coordination, logistics, project management, and high voltage support. The Site Support team aims to be the local function that will keep the Operations team focused on maintaining a supply of renewable energy by providing effective support to all team members.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as the key site-based link to multiple global support teams, including Technical Project Management, Procurement, and Logistics
- coordinating and integrating day-to-day site operations and, where needed, project managing elements of the following: contractors, inspection teams, and technical improvements
- ensuring onshore contract management and day-to-day coordination of service and facilities contracts – being responsible for all operations and maintenance activities performed onshore under the guidance of the Site Support Manager
- focusing on your personal and professional development with the intention of active learning and participation in offshore wind power operations and maintenance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a technical, electrical, engineering, or mechanical bachelor’s degree
- have an understanding of the commercial aspects
- have a structured approach towards projects, strong communication skills, and the ability to learn fast
- are fluent in Dutch and English, both in writing and verbally.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 30 September 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Christopher Farren, Site Support Manager, BSW Site Support, by telephone on +31 6 30 04 13 33 if you’d like to know more about the position. For more information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Marsha Dewnath, HR Advisor, on +31 6 21 91 06 14.