Business & Support- Economy & Finance
Senior Risk Analyst
Imagine a future where you contribute to shaping the set-up for handling merchant risk in our Onshore business unit
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for shaping, implementing, and operating the framework for handling merchant risk associated with our onshore wind and solar assets in the US.
Welcome to Risk Management
You’ll be part of the Business Unit Risk Partners team where you, together with your colleagues, will be a risk partner for our business units/asset owners. You’ll be working closely together with 1-2 colleagues assisting Onshore and in a team consisting of seven dedicated colleagues, each of them the responsible risk partner for a specific business unit/asset owner. The core tasks for a risk partner is to help the business unit/asset owner understand and handle the merchant risk associated with their assets and contracts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being a natural partner to our stakeholders in the business, helping them understand risks affiliated with new market entries, contracts for sale of power, divestments, etc.
- developing the framework for handling the merchant risk in our Onshore business unit as it grows and expands further into new markets
- designing, implementing, and operating a risk overview tool for our onshore stakeholders
- analyse and communicate portfolio diversification effects from new projects and sale of long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) as part of investment decisions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or similar
- have relevant work experience and, preferably, solid experience within financial and/or energy risk or trading etc.
- are curious and have a strong personal drive, besides being determined and taking initiative
- are analytically strong and have proven experience communicating complex matters in a simple way, both verbally and in writing
- can create results through team work and develop good relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders
- are used to working with data and have good IT skills, including tools like SQL, SAS, VBA, Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 29 September 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Hans Henrik Knudsen, Senior Manager, BU Risk Partners, by telephone on +45 99 55 59 64 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.