Engineering and construction
Autonomous Vessel Specialist
Imagine a future where you’re at the forefront of enabling autonomous vessel operations across offshore wind farm development campaigns
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the full scope of autonomous vessel operations, incl. planning, offshore deployment, fleet monitoring, and maintenance. You’ll be collaborating with key technical and commercial stakeholders across the organisation, as well as external parties, to ensure a safe and efficient operation, with a focus on a high degree of system reliability. You’ll be involved in the development of uncrewed vessel operations, providing cost effective and innovative solutions to improve our offshore operational needs.
Welcome to Measurement, Ecology & USV Solutions
You’ll be part of USV group where you, together with your colleagues, will be working at the forefront of a new offshore technology that enables uncrewed operations at scale in the offshore wind industry. You’ll be part of a growing team with broad competences spanning across measurement engineers, data scientists, and autonomous vessel specialists. You’ll be leading commercial operations of our uncrewed vessel providing essential data measurements for our offshore measurement campaigns. As a team, we embrace a culture of open and honest communication. We aspire to consistently develop and improve through feedback and collaborative knowledge sharing, with an innovative and commercial mindset.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning and executing uncrewed vessel operations across global offshore wind farm campaigns, incl. permitting, contracting, monitoring, and control of uncrewed vessels
- defining operational procedures and processes, in collaboration with our autonomous systems supplier to meet regulatory requirements
- managing internal and external stakeholders in relation to the design of autonomous vessel solutions and continuous development activities
- managing supplier and client contracts throughout your projects and ensuring that campaign objectives are successfully achieved.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong track record of working with offshore operations, preferably with experience from planning and operating uncrewed vessels, or similar marine operations
- are perseverant and motivated by finding original solutions to challenges that aren’t always well defined, and implementing these solutions in a structured manner
- have strong oral and written communication skills, with a keen focus on documentation and can engage with stakeholders at all levels
- are self-driven and able to deliver results while working on several parallel workstreams across a complex matrix organisation
- hold a relevant degree within ocean science, engineering, or an equivalent maritime degree, or you have relevant offshore or field experience.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For the positions in DK and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Julian Ralf Jensen, Head of Metocean, Ecology & USV, on (Denmark +45) 99556187 , if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll interact with internal and external stakeholders all over the world and also participate in the training of local personnel and the operation and maintenance of the USV fleet.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.