Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you’re a leader in the growth of our business across the Americas
Join us in this role where you’ll play a critical role in keeping us ahead of the game and in securing our future pipeline of business in the Americas as we deliver the energy transition.
Welcome to Ørsted Americas
You’ll be part of the Growth team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for defining “where and how” to grow our business in the Americas. You’ll lead the identification and management of new market entries, and you’ll work closely with teams throughout the organization to grow our business and deliver the energy transition. You’ll work on everything, from offshore wind, to land-based solar, wind to battery storage, and high-voltage transmission. As a team, we continually collaborate with experts both in and outside of our company. We embrace the fantastic opportunity to learn from true experts in their fields and to shape the future of the energy industry.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the development and execution of our competitive transmission strategy for the Northeast markets, i.e., New Jersey, New York, and New England
- leading cross-functional teams of internal and external experts in the evaluation, structuring and execution of market entries, incl. geographic, technological, or customer
- thoughtful and strategic leadership within the organisation with a focus on ‘where and how’ to grow our business across the Americas
- participating in commercial negotiations alongside internal M&A and Joint Venture experts.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have substantial experience of around ten years and a successful track record within energy, utilities, infrastructure, or power markets
- have proven experience in leading cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- have an advanced appreciation for the strategic considerations, economic drivers, political or regulatory framing, and risks influencing large power infrastructure investments
- are an adaptable team player who is a strategic thinker with a strong implementation mindset and advanced commercial skill set
- have excellent communication and influencing skills, with a very strong ability to drive consensus
- have significant experience engaging with senior and executive level management, both internally and externally, as well as senior Government and Regulatory Stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 3, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.