IT and digital
Technology Consultant Linux/Unix
Imagine a future where you play an important role in ensuring the safety and operations of our critical IT infrastructure that directly supports the business
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the Linux/Unix platforms and where you’ll deliver your competences to our Agile Product teams.
Welcome to Service Operations Competence Centre
You’ll be part of Enterprise Infrastructure IT Product Line where you, together with your colleagues, will maintain and govern the Linux/Unix platforms across IT design, planning, and the execution of key lifecycle management activities. You’ll be an integral part of an international team, with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way. As a team, we embrace learning opportunities, share knowledge, and support mutual development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling incident management by investigating and resolving problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues
- supporting and setting up server environments, incl. security configuration, backups, and monitoring, as per existing policies and standards
- managing and scanning the overall Linux/Unix server health and functionality
- performing system tuning and optimisations for future growth and performance requirements
- addressing and remediating issues raised during security or health scans, as well as identifying and reporting on governance violations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have solid experience with the Linux/Unix environment, maintaining or modifying operating systems, as well as operating system software and associated hardware
- have experience with Oracle Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- are familiar with VMware, HP hardware, Red Hat Satellite 6, and Red Hat IDM
- have an understanding of the Azure cloud platform
- have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- have proven customer interaction skills and teamwork competences.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 May 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Katarzyna Piebiak, Head of Service Operations CC on (+48) 503364759, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.