Sales and energy trading
Senior/Lead Originator with a strong commercial mindset
Imagine a future where you’re actively involved in developing our gas portfolio through interaction with the European gas market
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the origination of new structured deals and further develop the gas portfolio within the European gas markets. As Originator, your main area of responsibility is to optimise and extract value from our portfolio while interacting with the market.
Welcome to Flexibility Structures and Operations
You’ll be part of Flexibility Optimisation & Origination where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for managing and developing our portfolio of flexibility while managing risk and exposure. You’ll join an experienced and diverse team with many years of combined knowledge in structuring, pricing, optimising, and hedging of flexibility structures. Moreover, you’ll join a dynamic organisation which is open to tailoring the job to your competences and experience. As a team, we work within a matrix organisation and your role will entail working in close cooperation with our trading and operations teams, as well as portfolio managers, quants, and our many supporting functions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- structuring and originating new deals which incorporate the management of volatility, geographical spreads, and time spreads, incl. cross-commodity products
- developing and maturing business opportunities supporting our green vision
- maintaining and further expanding relationships with external counterparties
- ensuring the management of all aspects of the deal-making process to reach completion, incl. coordination with all internal stakeholders
- following up on industry developments across commodities and contributing to business development and innovation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or similar in economics, business, engineering, or an equivalent discipline
- have knowledge and understanding of European energy markets
- preferably have experience and a proven track record in originating and structuring complex gas or commodity products across the industry and value chain
- are solution-oriented, thrive in an international environment, and can create good relationships with your stakeholders while showing initiative working both independently and as part of a larger team
- possess strong communication skills, with the ability to speak and write English at business level.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 24 February 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lauge Aarsnes, Head of Portfolio Management NWE, on (Denmark +45) 99555696, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.