Finance and controlling
Lead Financial Controller
Imagine a future where you leverage business knowledge and process optimisation to ensure excellent financial reporting to our stakeholders
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the financial controlling of several UK legal entities, incl. controlling the monthly figures based on IFRS and annual reports based on local GAAP and ensuring that processes and internal control descriptions are in place and well executed. In this role, you’ll work with a lot of complex accounting issues and the standardisation and automatisation of processes in controlling.
Welcome to Financial Accounting and Controlling
You’ll be part of Financial Controlling where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver compliant, high-quality, and timely financial reporting to our internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also work closely with our auditors to ensure that documentation is delivered according to an agreed quality and in a timely manner. The controlling team consists of 20 employees based in eight offices across the globe and collaborating daily to maintain the team spirit. As a team, we have a strong sense of collaboration and support each other’s development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring efficient and compliant processes by driving continuous improvements in close collaboration with colleagues and management
- ensuring timely deliverables with agreed quality to internal and external stakeholders
- driving and ensuring the implementation of our standard processes
- planning audits and maintaining a close dialogue with external auditors
- technical accounting controlling, incl. implementing and monitoring compliance, primarily with IFRS but also local GAAP accounting
- being a trusted collaborator for internal and external stakeholders and striving to leave the stakeholder with a good experience.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues, as well as the ability to respond positively to critical feedback
- have experience working in a public accounting firm combined with work experience from an accounting department in a large international group
- work independently and take responsibility, but are also a good team player and know the value of contribute to teamwork
- communicate clearly in writing, incl. being adept at communicating financial issues in a straightforward manner
- possess thorough strong knowledge of IFRS, from both a theoretical standpoint and even more so from a practical and operational point of view
- speak and write English fluently at an academic level.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 17 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jane Kristensen, Director, on (Denmark +45) 99552831, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.