Strategy and business development
Business Developer in Innovation
Imagine a future where you drive the development and commercialisation of future renewable energy solutions
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the business development of novel offerings from their early-stage conceptualisation to implementation in bids. You’ll acquire a strong toolbox encompassing management consulting, innovation, and project management skills, and leverage the combined knowledge of experts from various disciplines across our global organisation.
Welcome to Ørsted Innovation
You’ll be part of Innovation Project Management where you, together with your colleagues, will influence and execute on Ørsted’s innovation strategy. We incubate and accelerate strategic growth initiatives that address key challenges related to the green energy transition (e.g., Power-to-X, storage, floating offshore wind, etc.). You’ll join a dynamic, fun, and inspiring team of intrapreneurs committed to making each other shine.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assessing the commercial potential of technological innovations and new business models by analysing strategic fit, market needs, and value drivers
- being an integral part of project teams that drive the maturation and implementation of innovation concepts, e.g., in pilot projects or bids
- supporting the assessment and maturation of external venturing and open innovation cases
- facilitating workshops and innovation campaigns to engage colleagues from across the organisation in the ideation of new solutions to key industry challenges
- consolidating complex analyses into well-structured communication material to facilitate decisions by senior management.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have some experience with business development, e.g., from management consulting, a start-up, or an established company, preferably within the renewable energy sector
- hold a master’s degree or similar in business, engineering, economics, or social science, covering a balance of quantitative and qualitative disciplines
- have solid analytical and problem-solving capabilities combined with strong oral and written communication skills in fluent English
- are curious and eager to learn and dare to ask questions
- are a team player with positive energy that thrives in a social environment and can handle a wide range of activities and stakeholders in parallel.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application and cover letter to us no later than 4 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Zeina Maroun, Senior Business Developer, on (Denmark +45) 99558074 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 14:00-16:00 CET, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.