Strategy and business development
Head of Power Origination
Imagine a future where you lead the future growth of our onshore business by securing long term revenue contracts
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading all activities necessary to secure long term revenue contracts for our organization’s portfolio, while also directly managing the Power Marketing & Origination team. You’ll be highly collaborative and work across internal and external teams to structure renewable energy transactions for our organization’s wind, solar, and energy storage portfolio, based on key project and market attributes.
Welcome to Markets and Revenue
You’ll be part of Power Marketing & Origination where you, together with your colleagues, will engage corporate renewable energy buyers. Your role will require ongoing involvement in the negotiation and execution of long-term PPA’s in addition to closely collaborating with other internal stakeholder groups, such as M&A, Finance, and Asset Management among others.
You’ll play an important role in:
- organizing, leading, and driving the process the Origination team is tasked with to secure PPA’s for our development assets
- running the day-to-day Origination team activity, overseeing a team of six to eight originators and supporting staff
- strategy development to target both C&I and utility type prospects, incorporating future geographic and technological growth goals
- identifying, qualifying, and supporting long-term revenue opportunities for our project pipeline and overseeing preparation of proposals in response to RFP’s
- providing market intelligence feedback to the various stakeholder groups within the organization
- identifying new origination prospects and implementation of customer outreach strategies for all products and technologies under development.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least seven years of experience working in a power origination role, incl. negotiating PPA’s with utilities and C&I
- have excellent understanding of US power markets and an ability to assess, evaluate, and provide insight into evolving market conditions
- possess an existing book of long-term power buyer customer contacts
- have direct experience leading a team of people at all levels
- demonstrate the ability to develop new business relationships quickly and to work effectively in a fast-paced development environment, managing and interfacing with cross-functional internal groups of all levels and competencies
- have excellent oral and written communication skills, incl. significant experience with proposal and presentation preparation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-10-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.