Senior Green Procurement Specialist
Imagine a future where you drive one of the most ambitious CO2 reduction supply chain programmes in the world
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for implementing our decarbonisation programme in our supply chain. You’ll work closely with our Lead Green Procurement Specialist, Group Sustainability, HSE departments, and our Procurement organisation in defining initiatives and collaborating with our suppliers.
Welcome to Ørsted Procurement
You’ll be part of Procurement Excellence where you, together with your colleagues, will play an important role in defining, implementing, and carrying out decarbonisation initiatives in our supply chain, across categories and industries globally. Each initiative will be defined in tandem with Group Sustainability, QHSE, stakeholders in Procurement, and yourself, and you’ll be responsible for planning and executing the supplier engagement, as well as reporting progress.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing roadmaps and the subsequent execution of decarbonisation initiatives
- representing Procurement’s interest in the ambitious decarbonisation programme
- driving the commercial dialogue towards suppliers regarding green electricity and the reduction of CO2 emissions
- developing and issuing communication material targeted at an internal audience as well as suppliers, and being responsible for follow-up and progress mapping
- managing data regarding suppliers’ performance and ensuring the presentation of data to management in a commercial format on an ad-hoc or quarterly basis.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant master’s degree have a diploma or master’s degree in a commercial or technical field, combined with work experience within international procurement
- have strong communication skills and speak and write fluent English, enabling you to communicate and negotiate efficiently with your internal and external business partners at all levels in an international environment
- have a hands-on and commercial mindset and technical understanding, combined with an analytical approach to complex tasks
- have knowledge of procurement processes, especially SRM
- have project management experience and skills
- have strong stakeholder management skills, as you’ll be engaging with multiple stakeholders across different functions.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lars Romme Wittmann, Head of Procurement Excellence, on (Denmark +45) 99555565, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.