IT and digital
Front-End Software Engineer (Angular)
Imagine a future where you use your technology enthusiasm and experience to explore emerging technologies for business use and drive digital innovation
Join us in this role where you’ll create business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for Ørsted Engineering business users, mostly focusing on data-processing, quality assurance, and report generation tools.
Welcome to Engineering ART - The Foundation Design Product Area
You’ll be part of a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for enabling web-based and desktop applications that support the electrical design process in a simple, user-friendly way. You’ll learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent. The Foundation design product area is part of E-ART, where we develop software tools for engineers, and is part of our international IT department, which comprises more than 500 skilled and dedicated colleagues working closely together with the different business units across Northern Europe and in Malaysia.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working closely together with internal and external consultants and key resources on the business side
- creating and maintaining software solutions for both internal users and external customers and vendors
- participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint planning ceremonies with colleagues, as well as ensuring the optimisation of the Agile development process
- applying best software development practices, incl. source control systems such as git
- conducting code reviews, pull requests, automated testing, familiarity with DevOps, and associated tools.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are well-versed with Angular front-end framework and potentially also able to design features and front-end user interactions on PyQt
- have an academic degree at a master’s or bachelor’s level in a relevant field
- preferably have knowledge of Python, however this is not mandatory
- advocate clean coding principles and development best practices (SOLID, DRY) and have a very good understanding of OO
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate business and technical requirements.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.