Engineering and construction
Wind Farm SCADA Control Engineer, Malaysia
Imagine a future where you implement and test our overall control philosophy in our offshore wind farms around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll work closely with each technical discipline, whilst implementing the overall control philosophy across our wind turbines, transformers, and high voltage components. You’ll utilise your stakeholder management skills while planning and coordinating the many activities taking place in the office, whether in virtual meetings or on site. Throughout the wind farm construction you’ll conduct grid compliance and other site tests, collect, and analyse data, and document the test results in test reports.
Welcome to SCADA & Communication
You’ll be part of Power Generation SCADA where you, together with your colleagues, will use your proficiency in SCADA, electrical engineering, and control theory to realise our high ambitions for safety and compliance in our projects. We’re a dynamic and diverse team working on projects across the globe. Although currently based in the UK and continental Europe, we’re now expanding, and you can expect to work with colleagues across geographical borders and time zones
You’ll play an important role in:
- aligning with internal and external parties on the wind farm control requirements
- interpreting and implementing the overall wind farm control philosophy across the wind farm components and documenting the implementation
- specifying SCADA and dynamic control solutions, verifying their design, supply, installation, and commissioning
- planning, coordinating, and executing grid compliance tests and other site tests in collaboration with internal and external parties
- collecting and analysing test data and documenting the test results in reports
- contributing to the continuous development of new methods and concepts to improve the performance and usability of our wind farm control systems.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- are an initiator who takes ownership of your scope and have a structured way of managing your stakeholders
- have a solid background in control theory
- have experience with SCADA hardware and software solutions, preferably combined with on-site experience
- speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting, e.g., our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards around the world. You should expect to spend 2-3 months with our specialists in our offices in Denmark during your early onboarding.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.