Engineering and construction
Senior Power Generation SCADA Engineer
Imagine a future where you work with wind turbine manufacturers to secure the SCADA and control deliverables in our offshore wind farms around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll handle the SCADA and control elements of our wind turbine deliverables. You’ll cover all phases of this process, from detailed hardware and software design through to installation, commissioning, and verification, until the final handover to Operations. You’ll also utilise your project and stakeholder management skills, whilst planning and coordinating the many activities between the different parties involved, whether in the office, in virtual meetings, or on site.
Welcome to SCADA & Communication
You’ll be part of Power Generation SCADA where you together with your colleagues will use your proficiency in SCADA and Electrical Engineering to realise our high ambitions for safety and cyber security on our projects. We’re a dynamic and diverse team working on projects across the globe. We're currently based in the UK and continental Europe, but we’re expanding, and you can expect to work with colleagues across geographical borders and time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- executing the SCADA and control sections in our wind turbine contracts in close collaboration with colleagues and suppliers
- carrying out a detailed design of hardware, software, and interfaces for the wind turbine SCADA and control systems
- ensuring that the wind turbine SCADA and control systems live up to relevant cyber security policies
- verifying the SCADA and control design, and securing the supply, installation, and commissioning of the deliverables
- collecting documentation from our suppliers and handing over a safe and quality-assured system to Operations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent, and have a background in the field of control and automation
- are an initiator who takes ownership of the work scope, with a structured way of managing the many internal and external stakeholders
- have experience with the detailed design of SCADA hardware and software for the control and monitoring of offshore wind turbines
- have a basic understanding of communication networks and infrastructure and an interest in cyber security
- speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel P. Friis-Holm Staehr, Head of SCADA WTG, on (Denmark +45) 99555256 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting, e.g., our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards around the world.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.