Engineering and construction
Civil Engineering Manager for onshore facilities
Imagine a future where you’ll be a part of the journey to increase our production of green energy offshore turbines directly to UK consumers
Join us in this role where you’ll become Civil Engineering Manager in our Onshore Substation team. We’re responsible for managing design/engineering and construction activities for onshore works such as onshore substations, maintenance facilities, and other onshore construction projects to support our offshore wind farm operation, from design and construction until handover to our operating team.
Welcome to the Onshore Substation team
You’ll be part of Civil Engineering Management as Senior Technical Project Lead. You’ll report to the Package Project Manager, and you’ll be working in a team of 12 bright and caring engineers located in four different countries. Together with your colleagues, you’ll be directly responsible for the onshore substation in relation to all civil matters pertaining to design, layout, construction, and interfaces. Additionally, you must ensure that all input and constraints from internal stakeholders are available in due time, from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and construction follow-up.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing the time schedule, cost, and resource plans for the conceptual phase, detailed design, and construction of the onshore substation, including project scope layout and statements
- ensuring procurement of contracts in collaboration with contract managers, including facilitating stakeholder meetings and ensuring that internal requirements are reflected in the layout and design
- proactively ensuring that engineering and construction works in collaboration with construction managers are carried out based on balanced contracts, and that they are optimised for time, costs, and QHSE
- informing the project management team of all significant technical issues, particularly risks
- developing contingency plans and overseeing management of changes in the design and construction phases
- ensuring that project deliverables are executed in compliance with our company processes and that standards are handed over to operational and maintenance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have substation experience as civil engineer manager, construction contractor, or engineering consultant and have insight in the project phases: concept evaluation, design and engineering, and construction
- have experience in collaboration with an external design team in managing and executing a contract and in designing or constructing onshore substations or service and production buildings via physical and virtual meetings across central Europe
- are used to handling, coordinating, and creating good relationships and engaging with internal and external stakeholders while proactively ensuring project execution
- preferably have experience with 3D/BIM modelling as a user to make comments in 3D design models
- preferably have knowledge with innovative design methods and still have a basic and analytical work approach with a focus on QHSE and cost effectiveness.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Frank Zeller, Head of Civil Engineering Mgmt, on (Denmark +45) 99558230 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.