Engineering and construction
Foundation & Turbine Measurement Engineer
Imagine a future where you take on the personal and technical challenges of being our Measurements Engineer on offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll design and execute all the measurement campaigns needed around loads on the structure, inclinometers, corrosion monitoring, and much more. Furthermore, you’ll help ensure that our wind farms are serviced and provided with an up-to-date load measurement campaign that is adapted to the project requirements during all phases of their life cycle.
Welcome to Asset Value Engineering Measurements
You’ll be part of Measurements (Foundation & Turbine) where you, together with your colleagues, will work alongside a project manager and other campaign-related engineers in designing, executing, and maintaining measurement campaigns or equipment. You’ll work closely with stakeholders across the organisation, incl. experts in wave assessment, loads analysis, foundation design, and site classification, in designing the best measurements campaigns for our offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being an active member within the measurement expertise area and being a part of the in-house knowledge hub for measurement equipment, load, and corrosion measurements
- working with specifying, deploying, and ensuring maintenance of measurement equipment from suppliers
- being assigned to projects in all phases of the wind farm life cycle and being responsible for measurement equipment, incl. coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensuring that measurements are of the required quality to match the campaign specification and working in close contact with in-house stakeholders to proactively identify campaign requirements
- being subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects and managing contractors during the preparation and execution of campaigns, incl. QA (suppliers, installation and offshore).
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education within engineering or the natural sciences, possess substantial operational experience within the areas of expertise, and are willing to undertake a GWO-certification in order to work offshore
- have substantial knowledge within the area of measurements
- are used to interacting with contractors and are accustomed to the procurement process and negotiations
- have broad experience with managing HSE proactively, as a natural part of projects and campaigns
- speak and write English fluently, have good communication skills, and can present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Bonnesen, Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99559578 on Thursdays from 15:00-10:00 CEST; Central European Summer Time, if you’d like to know more about the position. Please note that these contact days are limited to three Thursdays in August, i.e., 4, 11, and 18 August 2022.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.