Engineering and construction
Onshore Construction Manager
Imagine a future where you play a critical role in ensuring world-class end-to-end construction of our onshore substations in the offshore wind sector
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for overseeing the management, planning, execution, and coordination of the onshore substation construction activities, incl. interface management across our packages and the EPC Contractor. For the coming years, this concerns our Changhua Offshore Wind Farm Asset Project in Taiwan.
Welcome to Construction & Commissioning Management Department
You’ll be part of the Onshore Construction Management Department where you, together with your team of passionate and highly skilled colleagues, will ensure a safe execution of the work as per agreed employer’s requirements, time schedule, quality, and costs. As the Onshore Construction Manager at site, you’ll also head a team of highly skilled construction supervisors. While on site, you’ll report directly to the Onshore Construction Package Manager and your Functional Line Manager for your further development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing the construction phase plan for identifying key deliverables, stakeholders, and organisational setup
- preparing the construction site management governance and processes for ensuring the prescribed level of HSE, quality, inspection test plans, and documentation, etc.
- heading the onboarding of the EPC Contractor before commencement of his scope of work for ensuring scope of work, mandate, and deliverables are met and agreed upon
- ensuring strong time and stakeholder management towards own packages and EPC Contractor for alignment and coordination throughout the construction phase
- assisting the onshore package management with transfer of onshore substation, as built documentation, outstanding snagging-/punch list etc. to end customer.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a MSc/BSc in civil engineering
- have several years’ documented experience within construction management of onshore activities in large-scale construction projects, as well as same type of construction work within country of installation
- possess leadership and management skills for impactful communication with teams and stakeholders, the development of your team, and for influencing project performance
- have strong personal drive and thrive working in a project management role coordinating complex civil activities and managing associated tasks in a professional manner
- have solid experience with working efficiently in a large matrix organization, and understand how to engage the right internal people and stakeholders at the right time
- are resilient, persistent, and thrive in an international environment, with the ability to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-08-22. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations TW, , on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an on-site set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.