Engineering and construction
Grid connection manager
Imagine a future where you’ll create a world that runs entirely on green energy by integrating our offshore wind farms into the Taiwan grid
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring the grid connection of our offshore wind farms, based out of our Taipei office.
Welcome to Electrical systems
You’ll be part of APAC Grid Integration where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the grid connection processes, incl. reviewing and preparing electrical system design reports, liaising with Taipower and key state agency stakeholders to understand technical and commercial implications, and verifying grid code compliance. Moreover, you’ll participate in relevant project meetings and cooperate with other team members on shared issues working in a global team. You’ll also keep track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing the overall electrical system for our offshore wind farms together with our design team in Europe
- relaying information about local conditions for grid connection to members of the project team
- ensuring the electrical design is compliant with the Taiwanese electrical grid code and requirements
- engaging with the transmission system operator Taipower to understand their perspectives and negotiate the best technical and commercial solution
- following grid developments regarding capacity and supporting other projects and business development in Taiwan.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in electrical engineering
- have a clear understanding of the electrical grid codes and connection processes of renewable energy in Taiwan, and preferably have experience in communicating with Taipower
- speak and write English and Mandarin fluently
- understand power system studies and simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSCAD, or PSS/E
- have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with your international colleagues and business partners.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-10-25. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations TW, , on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.