Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Global Public Affairs Advisor, Decarbonisation
Imagine a future where you lead our global public affairs work on decarbonisation in our quest for net-zero emissions across the full value chain by 2040
Join us in this role where you’ll engage global stakeholders across business, policy, industry, civil society, and academia to help shape global policymaking and thinking around decarbonisation. Through close collaboration with colleagues across our business areas, you’ll draw on our key climate action differentiators to drive policy advocacy and private sector action. This role provides an exciting and varied nature of focus areas across decarbonisation.
Welcome to Global Public Affairs and Sustainability Solutions
You’ll be part of our Global Policy Engagement team where you, together with your colleagues, will be advancing our global public affairs priorities. In your case, you’ll promote credible corporate climate action globally and measures to decarbonise supply chains. On any given day, you might be leading public affairs and policy engagement on science-based targets, carbon credits and offsets, steel or shipping fuels decarbonisation, circularity, carbon accounting, climate disclosures and ESG reporting, supplier engagement, life cycle assessments, and supporting top management.
You’ll play an important role in:
- building positioning strategies on key corporate climate action priorities, translating technical ideas into digestible, compelling thought leadership content and bespoke markets communications
- leading stakeholder engagement in industry bodies and cross-sector business initiatives focused on hard-to-abate sectors and supply chain decarbonisation
- driving a matrixed supply chain decarbonisation programme to translate progress and ambitions into communications products and policy advocacy in key markets
- identifying opportunities to engage global stakeholders on climate change policy and intergovernmental processes related to climate change
- supporting top management with position briefs, speaking notes and strategic messaging ahead of major events, interviews, and high-level meetings.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a deep knowledge of the global climate change agenda, and in particular current trends and practices in corporate climate action
- are preferably also well-informed about the global energy transition
- are a polished collaborator, with an ability to identify and engage with key internal and external stakeholders needed to drive forward strategic workstreams across corporate climate action and decarbonisation
- are highly analytical with a strategic orientation to navigate different policy contexts and place our decarbonisation priorities within a quickly changing renewable energy landscape
- possess highly proficient English writing skills, coupled with a strong top-down communication approach.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 July 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Emil Damgaard Grann, Head of Global Policy Engagement, on (Denmark +45) 99555395, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in, this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.