Sales and energy trading
Short Term Trader
Imagine a future where your commercial ambitions have a direct impact on value creation in the day-ahead and intraday markets when you trade and balance our gas portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll take an active part in driving the performance of our trading and balancing activities in the gas market in northwestern Europe, ensuring operational excellence while creating profit in the short-term gas market. We’re offering you a chance to become a part of a team of dedicated and experienced traders who’ll support you in operating our assets and achieving our shared goals.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Market Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will provide the route to market for our gas portfolio – executing on strategies and opportunities in the market. You’ll be working in a team of 20 bright and dedicated colleagues where you’ll maintain and build good relationships with internal partners and customers. In the department, we play an active role in setting the strategy in a fast-moving market – we support each other in assignments, flexibility, and sparring.
You’ll play an important role in:
- trading on the day-ahead and intraday markets to balance our gas positions in northwestern Europe
- monitoring, developing, and deciding on short-term trading strategies for our entire portfolio
- engaging and taking own initiatives with the rest of the team in improving our operational and analytical set-up through participation in development projects and tasks
- participating in the 24/7 duty roster, covering 365 days a year.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education within economics, science, engineering, or similar combined with a sound understanding of financial products and logical reasoning
- enjoy sharing your expertise with your colleagues, take responsibility, and collaborate across desks in an international work environment
- stay calm in hectic situations and alert in calm situations
- have an interest in acquiring in-depth knowledge of the European gas market
- are a team player and willing to go the extra mile when needed to support your colleagues.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us, you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Blomsterberg, Head of Market Operations, on (Denmark +45) 99559465 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.