Sourcing Manager/Senior Sourcing Manager
Imagine a future where you work with a diverse team of professionals and take up the challenge of leading the procurement processes of our offshore wind farms projects
Join us in this role where you’ll play a vital role in driving the commercial strategy and negotiations for our offshore wind farms across the globe. You’ll be responsible for tender processes and negotiations in an international setting. You’ll take responsibility for the sourcing process from defining the tender strategy to delivering the signed contracts within the agreed time and budget, and you’ll also provide support to the category managers within our team.
Welcome to CAPEX & DEVEX Procurement
You’ll be part of our diverse Offshore Cable Installation team of procurement professionals, where you, together with your colleagues, will drive our sourcing efforts from end to end to deliver best-in-class procurement agreements. You’ll work together with a multidisciplinary project team, where you’ll play a vital role in driving the commercial strategy and negotiations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling commercial project management of the end-to-end sourcing process by coordinating with a multidisciplinary project team
- executing our business strategy and pursuing our ambitious targets to reduce the cost of energy by utilising a ‘change’ mind-set
- working in collaboration with colleagues while driving your own tasks independently
- setting negotiation strategies and leading intensive commercial and contractual negotiations to achieve the best business results
- developing and maintaining close relations with our internal and external stakeholders using aligned communication strategies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- if applying for the more senior role, should have experience with leading the sourcing and negotiation of complex construction projects, with knowledge of FIDIC contracts being a plus
- are an experienced negotiator with experience in identifying value drivers and securing the best business results in adverse market environments while balancing stakeholder requirements
- have a degree in law, economics, business, engineering, or similar
- have a positive and proactive mindset, as well as a structured and analytical approach to your work, enabling you to manoeuvre and deliver business-critical projects successfully
- if applying for the Sourcing Manager position, should have an interest in construction activities and some technical flair and have past procurement experience and an ambition to pursue a career within sourcing.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Neil Denis Martin Ward, Head of Cable Installation Sourcing, on (Denmark +45) 41963017 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be expected to have external meetings occasionally, primarily in Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.