Diversity and Inclusion Lead (UK based)
Imagine a future where you work to ensure diversity, inclusion, and well-being in the world’s most sustainable energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll bring your experience, ambition, and passion around diversity and inclusion (D&I) to help our organisation grow more effectively around the world. You’ll work with leaders and employees across our UK organisation that comprises both offshore and onshore wind farms where we create and develop green wind energy, hydrogen, and solar energy. In this space, you’ll own key initiatives to support our global agenda. You’ll be valued for the unique contributions you make.
Welcome to People & Development
You’ll be part of the Diversity and Talent team where you together with your colleagues will invest in the development of our people at Ørsted. You’ll shape this newly-created role and break new ground, delivering and developing as part of a global team of six, with impact in the UK and globally. You’ll be a part of an ambitious, original, and energising team where innovation, commercial focus, and curiosity are highly valued. We work flexibly within the team in order to lead and live sustainable holistic lives while being able to relate to a global organisation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- partnering with diverse talents across our organisation, both within our inclusion networks and beyond, so they can accelerate their own development while supporting our culture
- advocating with internal stakeholders in the UK and further abroad and enabling them to take accountability for this agenda
- partnering with leaders in our UK business to tailor and develop our global strategy to build a more inclusive organisation and to deliver a step change in the diversity of colleagues
- building connections with external stakeholders to ensure we meet all expectations and regulatory requirements and to build coalitions to develop the supply of diverse STEM talents.
- monitoring data and developing insights into our business and the external marketplace, so we have evidence upon which to build, deliver, and track our plans.
To succeed in the role, you:
- demonstrate expert-level knowledge in D&I and understand social justice and its impact to the organisation
- have knowledge of UK laws, regulations, guidelines related to affirmative action and civil rights enforcement
- have a proven track record in building a pipeline of diverse talents and shaping an environment in which everyone can thrive, perform, and grow
- have a tested ability to make talent and HR activities as inclusive as possible and to use data to identify opportunities and track progress
- are experienced in monitoring, analysing, and presenting data and using related insights to identify and deliver opportunities for change
- have a demonstrated ability to manage a complex set of internal and external stakeholders at a range of levels and possess a global sensitivity to connect with people and working practices across different cultures.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Serena Palmer, Head of Diversity & Talent, on +447341739613 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.