Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Legal Counsel
Imagine a future where you support our growing APAC offshore wind and renewable business by tackling a broad range of legal issues of strategic significance
Join us in this role where you’ll handle legal matters associated with the entire lifecycle of offshore wind farms. Our team’s work is varied, addresses novel issues in a fast-paced and cooperative setting, and is an integral part of the company’s broader project-development efforts. We offer a position at the forefront of a new industry in the APAC while simultaneously being part the world’s largest offshore wind developer’s global legal department.
Welcome to Group Legal
You’ll be part of our Legal Region APAC team where you, together with your colleagues, will support various legal tasks in our fast-growing APAC offshore wind and renewable business. Based in Seoul, Korea, your main focus will be on the Korean market, but may also include other Asia Pacific markets including Japan and Vietnam. You’ll be working closely with the Legal APAC team based in Taipei and Japan, as well as the colleagues in Europe and North America.
You’ll play an important role in:
- advising on regulatory regimes for offshore wind energy project development, construction, and operations in Korea
- supporting transactions while advising on and implementing joint venture agreements
- providing legal support in permitting, consent, and other regulatory proceedings
- participating in the negotiation of commercial agreements e.g., revenue, real estates, crossing, procurement, and other relevant contracts.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a LL.B. and/or LL.M. from an accredited law school
- are admitted to Korean Bar (additional jurisdiction(s) being a plus) for 5 years or above
- have substantial experience as a practicing attorney, preferably with major law firm experience and/or government secondment experiences
- have business proficiency in English where additional language(s) such as Mandarin and Japanese being a plus
- possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
- can work independently and quickly on a broad range of issues, with infrastructure-related experience being a plus.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-05-02. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.