Strategy and business development
Planning & Environmental Specialist
Imagine a future where you're part of a team working on making the renewable projects of the future a reality
Join us in this role where you’ll be scoping, preparing, reviewing, and submitting detailed planning and environmental assessment reports such as planning applications, environmental impact statements, appeals, and planning compliance submissions to local authorities in An Bord Pleanála. In collaboration with your team, you’ll produce detailed reports which assess the feasibility of sites for development, from landcover and topographical studies to environmental constraints assessments e.g., ecology.
Welcome to Project Development
You’ll be part of a team where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to the provision of expertise within environment and planning. Our team is based in Cork, consisting of six project developers as part of a growing team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring all statutory and other external and internal approvals are obtained for ongoing projects within the Development and Operations divisions
- participating in field work, incl. site surveying, site environmental inspections, site audits, and report compilation
- scoping and managing the procurement of planning and environmental services
- assisting in the preparation and management of consultancy contracts for project work, providing GIS and mapping support to ensure our HSSE policies and procedures are implemented
- delivering a competent technical review of internal and external environmental reports, studies, and environmental management documents
- providing support to the M&A team via assisting in Technical Due Diligence of potential project acquisitions across ROI, NI, and the UK.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a university degree, or equivalent, in engineering or sciences
- are an experienced renewable energy professional with a demonstrable track record of successfully managing the development of multiple projects, with a focus on pre-consent stage
- have proven experience in management and coordination of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR)
- possess in-depth knowledge of Irish planning regulations and policies, as well as a solid understanding of the concerns regarding key decision-makers and policymakers
- understand what makes a renewable energy project commercially viable
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to present results to your business partners in a professional way.