Operations and technicians
Head of Technology within Hydrogen and PtX
Imagine a future where you play a pivotal role in delivering on our ambition to create a business within renewable hydrogen
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading the strong technology multinational team and for delivering the technical side of Hydrogen projects. You’ll also coordinate the work of a large group of seconded employees who support the technology journey for Hydrogen.
Welcome to Ørsted Hydrogen
You’ll be part of the Asset Projects & Technology team where you, together with your colleagues, will drive and provide technical support for our Hydrogen projects. You’ll
report to the Head of Asset Projects & Technology, engaging with all of the colleagues in the hydrogen organisation, incl. the large population of support from outside the department.
Your team consists of senior process professionals and Technical Project managers located in Germany, Denmark, and the Netherlands.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing, motivating, and maintaining a team with the needed competences to fulfil the business strategy and cooperate with other relevant teams to make best use of competences and capabilities
- securing the ability to internally provide technical support for projects, building the power-to-X knowledge, both of which you’ll share across the project portfolio
- mapping and evaluating upcoming technologies, as well as optimising and running the in-house technical optimisation tool
- evaluating supply chain technology development against existing providers, in close cooperation with the Procurement organisation
- aligning responsibilities between team members, procurement, projects, and the recruitment of additional resources in line with budgeted growth plans.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have successfully completed a degree in Engineering, or another relevant degree
- are experienced in leading a team of specialists with deep functional knowledge
- have experience in managing engineering across the different phases of a project, from early development, concept selection, FEED, and execution EPC
- have extensive and broad experience within complex technical installations in the heavy process industries and understand the related commercial aspects, from business cases to contracts and partners, etc.
- are fully proficient in English - both as written and spoken language.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 19 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For the DK position, please don’t hesitate to contact Peder Reinewald Hansen, Head of Asset Projects, on +4599559458 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the Germany position, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll engage with the Hydrogen team based in our two locations in Denmark as well as in Germany, Netherlands, and the UK.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.