Engineering and construction
Foundation Engineering Manager - Japan
Imagine a future where you play a key role in the foundation design of offshore wind farm projects in Japan’s rapidly growing offshore wind market
Join us in the role where you’ll lead and complete the Japanese structural certification and approval processes required for the construction permits, enabling the development and execution of our offshore wind foundations across various Japanese projects. Together with your colleagues, you’ll be responsible for the foundation design through the pre-bid preliminary design, as well as the post-bid design and its certification, adapting the design to environmental challenges including earthquakes, typhoons, and tsunamis.
Welcome to APAC Project Development
You’ll be part of our regional team, APAC Technical Development and Support, and linked to global Foundations Engineering & Fabrication Management (FEFM) team where you, together with your colleagues, will collaborate with an international team of highly skilled and supportive engineers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing foundation design working closely with lead engineering managers and engineers, ensuring Japanese requirements are incorporated into the design
- leading the Japanese structural certification and approval process required for relevant permits across various Japanese projects
- scoping, planning, and aligning requirements with internal and external stakeholders in close collaboration with the lead engineering manager and engineers
- representing foundation design when reporting to the certification committee and authority.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor or master’s degree and proven experience in structural, civil, or mechanical engineering of offshore structures
- have experience in technical project management, preferably in Class NK Wind farm certification in Japan
- are familiar with Japanese building codes, JIS, DNV standard, and other relevant guidelines for structural designs
- communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written Japanese, and English
- can lead projects and navigate in a fast-moving and multicultural project organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2021-12-12. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting project teams in EU, Taiwan, relevant stakeholders, and project sites in Japan.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.