IT and digital
Senior Technology Consultant for Backup and Archiving
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for the support, maintenance, and development of our CDM Platform based on Cohesity
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring data safety, in compliance with business and legal needs. In collaboration with your international colleagues, you’ll coordinate and monitor our daily operations and services along with taking responsibility for Capacity Management, performance tuning, and 3rd-level incident handling in relation to CDM services.
In this position you’ll be using your RestAPI and Powershell skills to maintain our CDM and archiving solutions.
Welcome to IT/OT Infrastructure Engineering
You’ll be part of Backup & Archive where you, together with your colleagues, will manage deduplication, encryption, reclamation, migration, retentions, and diagnosis of backup issues, following up with root cause analysis. This diverse team consists of professionals with various competencies and knowledge with Windows Server, VMWare, AD, Network, DBA, and SolarWinds. In collaboration with infrastructure architects and application providers, you’ll find the best solution for new platforms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing different backup configurations such as physical servers, applications, databases, on-premises, or cloud
- analysing our existing backup environment to provide expert advice for optimisation
- understanding functionalities of key backup components and processes
- effectively communicating your knowledge to your colleagues and key stakeholders
- responding and evaluating vendor recommendations to upgrade our existing platform.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a relevant degree within IT
- have extensive experience with backup tools e.g., Cohesity, Commvault, VM etc. – at least one
- possess great knowledge about VMware and snapshot backup technologies
- understand MSSQL, Oracle and SAP agent-based backups.
- thrive working in a global setting, and possess a proactive and collaborative workstyle
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Haslinda Mohammad Ali, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Malaysia, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on +60392124256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.