Engineering and construction
Market Development Environment Manager
Imagine a future where you help deliver high-quality wind farm bids through undertaking site selection activities and due diligence tasks
Join us in this role where you’ll analyse environmental and human constraints to feed into bids for new offshore wind sites and potential joint ventures. You’ll support the consent manager in communicating key consent challenges and opportunities to the head of UK Market Development and the Senior Management team.
Welcome to UK Consents
You’ll be part of the UK Consents Development team where you, together with your nine other colleagues, will work with the Market Development team to assess new potential offshore wind farm sites. As a team, we’re inclusive, collaborative, and ambitious, always striving to bring out the best in each other and our stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading and supporting the consent manager in site selection activities and due diligence to inform future leasing rounds and market analysis
- leading engagement with the Stakeholder Relations and Regulatory Affairs teams to identify relevant consultations, policies, and legislations which may have implications for future projects
- leading consenting workstreams associated with integrating emerging technologies into future projects, e.g., energy storage and hydrogen
- supporting the consent manager in developing pre-asset consent programmes and leading the implementation of early development activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- ideally have a degree in ecology or environmental science, though this is not essential
- have experience in the offshore wind sector
- are interested in early phase project development and the delivery of a future project pipeline
- are passionate about emerging technologies
- have the desire to develop excellent site selection, analysis, and due diligence skills
- can initiate, develop, and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sergio Zappulo, Head of Consents - UK Development, on +447788229229 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be required to attend meetings with stakeholders in the UK and to visit our office in Gentofte, Denmark.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.