Operations and technicians
GRID compliance asset integrity specialist
Imagine a future where you are responsible for grid compliance on the world’s biggest offshore wind farms in operation
Join us in this role where you, as a grid integrity expert, focus on the integrity of WTG and Transmission. You’ll handle the larger integrity cases on grid compliance issues e.g., FRT or power control, managing changes and the approval process to grid-related WTG control and software, and supporting the processes related to grid issues.
Welcome to the Asset Integrity Management part of Operation Technology
You’ll be part of our Asset Integrity Management department where you, together with your colleagues, will play a key role in ensuring and maintaining the systems in compliance. Our team supports the grid compliance team on grid-related topics and functions as the direct interface for the Electrical System Design and grid Interface team. Our diverse team consists of +20 LV, HV, and Cable integrity specialists, working with a variety of stakeholders: the joint ventures, the sites, the HUBs in the regions, and TSOs incl. NG, Energinet, and IT.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling larger grid integrity cases on grid compliance issues on sites in operation
- handling Management of Change (MoC) and approval processes related to grid compliance on sites in operation
- supporting the EPC grid compliance team on grid-related topics
- supporting the EPC projects on grid-related topics for the future sites e.g., US (NERC)
- collaborating with other teams on shared issues and risks e.g., collaborating with the EPC grid compliance team to update grid studies on sites in operation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a degree in electrical engineering
- have extensive experience with grid codes and grid code compliance within the EU, preferably also in the US and in APAC
- have solid experience with WTG converter and control system, particularly in relation to grid performance and, preferably, SGRE turbines
- are flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, while maintaining a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have solid experience with grid compliance testing, and are familiar with grid simulation software e.g., PowerFactory and PSCAD
- have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner, while being experienced in communication with TSOs.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 8 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henriette Molberg Knutzen, Head of HV, LV and Cables, on +4599559150 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.