Engineering and construction
Offshore Cable Installation Specialist
Imagine a future where you’re part of one of our challenging offshore projects and responsible for the quality installation of export and array cables
Join us in this role where you’ll become an Offshore Cable Installation specialist in the Offshore Cable Installation department. Here, you’ll be responsible for supporting our projects throughout both the development and construction phases.
Welcome to the Offshore Cable Installation department
You’ll be part of the Cable Installation team where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver wind farms globally. Our department consists of skilled and dedicated people providing project management and specialist competences for technical cable installation during all stages of construction projects. You’ll be part of one of our teams allocated to an exciting wind farm construction project, located across our several locations and you’ll therefore need to work across other time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- reviewing contractors’ documentation, drawings, method statements, and risk assessments related to offshore cable installation works
- identifying and managing risks and developing best practice by means of continual improvement
- establishing and supporting the tendering strategy to achieve contract awards for the installation scopes
- engaging with internal and external stakeholders, developing trust and cooperation
- managing and coordinating key offshore cable installation activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience from a key role in a subsea cable installation construction, e.g., as Installation Engineer or Project Engineer
- have a proven track record in stakeholder management and engineering
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- can thrive in an international and diverse environment and can create good relationships with your stakeholders
- can speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tony Livingstone, Manager for Offshore Cable Installation, on +447896699733 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be required to meet your team and manage your stakeholders and suppliers.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.