Operations and technicians
Head of the Generation Control Center responsible for the day-to-day management
Imagine a future where you lead the development, implementation, and steady-state operations of a generation control center (GCC) for a portfolio of offshore wind farms across the US
Join us in this role where you’ll start as a part of a cross-functional project team that develops and operates the control center’s software and processes, and ensures its overall compliance with policies and procedures. In time, the role will transition into being the lead of the operating control room, where you’re responsible not only for the day-to-day organization and management of the GCC and staffing, but also for providing expertise on the control center scope, responsibilities, and processes.
Welcome to Operations North America
You'll be part of the Generation Control Center where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the control element of a portfolio of wind farms. You’ll be guiding a team with different specialisms, ranging from SCADA communications expertise to control operations and accredited high-voltage experience. Furthermore, you‘ll lead the internal business operations of the control center while managing external stakeholders and maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements at all times.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring the safe, compliant, timely, and reliable delivery of the generation control center scope to achieve the highest possible availability of the US portfolio of wind farms
- being responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of a suite of control, reporting, remote operation, and alarm/data monitoring processes
- being accountable for the GCC’s communication and scope/process alignment with internal stakeholders and for all external stakeholder communications made from the GCC
- being responsible for hiring and managing a team of operators within the control center to ensure that there are relevant competences available to cover operations 24/7
- being responsible for the development, training, performance management, and objective realization of the control center team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 10 years of US East Coast generation control room experience
- have NERC RC System Operator and PJM Generator Operator certifications
- have demonstrated prior experience in managing teams and developing individuals’ competencies through on-the-job experience and training
- have experience with system and data handling from transmission assets
- have demonstrated strong communicative abilities
- have a bachelor’s degree, or higher, in engineering or a relevant technical subject.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than October 24, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.