Engineering and construction
Senior NDT Specialist
Imagine a future where you play a key role in the further globalisation of our company
Join us in this role where you’ll solve issues related to NDT during the manufacturing process of our monopile and jacket foundations. The primary tasks here include constructive communication with certifying bodies, as well as handling reservations from contractors. You’ll also work to specify our NDT requirements for the construction of foundations regarding welding and material testing etc.
Welcome to Foundations Engineering & Fabrication Management (FEFM)
You’ll be part of the Fabrication Specialist team, where you, together with your colleagues, will have a great impact on the efficient execution of our foundation projects and on the continuous improvement of our technical standards, as part of our intense expansion in the US and APAC.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing reviews of NDT-related supplier documentation, such as fabrication method descriptions
- teaching and auditing both internal and external project NDT staff on a regular basis, across our global projects
- ensuring NDT requirements are understood and correctly implemented at the manufacturing sites
- developing NDT techniques in collaboration with our product line
- working alongside our structural engineering department on fabrication and test-friendly design.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a very experienced NDT technician and possess strong theoretical as well as hands-on experience, preferably combined with practical welding experience from the offshore industry
- are trained and certified at ISO 9217 level 3 in visual testing, magnetic particle testing, dye penetrant testing, and ultrasonic testing
- are certified as welding specialist (IWS), welding technician (IWT), or welding engineer (IWE) and have some practical as well as theoretical knowledge from working with TOFD and PAUT techniques
- have extensive experience in offshore execution standards and in constructive and efficient communication with certifying bodies
- are a highly skilled communicator and speak and write English fluently, thriving in an international environment, and have a flair for building strong relations with stakeholders
- thrive in a role where most of the work takes place in the office in close cooperation with both structural engineers and with the rest of the fabrication specialist team.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27. September 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Ulrich Barfoed, Senior Manager, on +4599556714 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll provide NDT specialist support on an ad hoc basis at our fabrication sites in Taiwan, Korea, the US, and central Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Between 9-14 September, it will not be possible to apply for jobs with us due to technical maintenance.