Engineering and construction
Grid Connection Manager
Imagine a future where you help create a world that runs entirely on green energy by integrating our large offshore wind farms into the Korean electrical grid
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring the grid connection of our offshore wind farms, based out of our office in Seoul.
Welcome to APAC Project Development & Programmes
You’ll be part of APAC Technical Development & Support where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the grid connection processes, including reviewing and preparing electrical system design reports, liaising with the local power grid and key stakeholders to understand technical and commercial implications, and verifying grid code compliance. Moreover, you’ll participate in relevant project meetings and cooperate with other team members on shared issues working in and with a global team. You’ll also keep track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing the overall electrical system for offshore wind farm projects together with our design team in Europe
- relaying information about local conditions for grid connection to members of the project team
- ensuring the electrical design is compliant with the Korean electrical grid code and requirements
- engaging with the transmission system operators (TSOs) in Korea to understand their perspectives and negotiate the best technical and commercial solution
- following grid developments regarding capacity and supporting other projects and business development in Korea and the Asia-Pacific region.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or, preferably, a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- understand power system studies and simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSCAD, or PSS/E
- have a clear understanding of the electrical grid codes and connection processes of wind farms, especially in Korea
- preferably have experience in communicating with TSOs
- speak and write English and Korean fluently
- have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with your international colleagues and business partners.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30-09-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll join meetings with the TSO, project partner, and other grid-related stakeholders as well as visit sites to acquire the necessary information on designing the grid system.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
NB: Due to technical maintenance, you won’t be able to apply for jobs in the period 9-14 September.