Strategy and business development
Regional Senior Director, Project Development
Imagine a future where you’ll develop regional strategies, identify markets, lead a team in greenfield prospecting, and oversee due diligence of acquisition opportunities for wind, solar, and storage development assets
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure pipeline growth as well as maturation of existing development assets overseeing a team of development directors, managers, and associates.
Welcome to the Onshore Project Development team
You’ll be part of Project Development where you, together with your colleagues, will identify and mature wind, solar, and storage projects across the U.S.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing and overseeing monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeting and forecasting activities for the region
- strategically reviewing the regional project pipeline and ensuring the region is identifying and maturing projects with a strong value proposition for the business
- communicating project pipeline priorities across other internal functional teams
- collaborating with the M&A team to identify, assess, and execute on acquisition opportunities
- consistently reviewing internal processes to ensure Onshore is in line with the region and making recommendations on process improvement when applicable
- being responsible for managing the daily work, performance, and development of director reports with a focus on building an inclusive team and growing our talent.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a proven record of leading greenfield efforts for utility-scale renewable energy projects that are currently operating across at least two of the following ISOs: PJM, ERCOT, MISO and SPP
- have demonstrated the ability to identify and resolve potential project flaws and prioritize critical path to prepare projects for FNTP on schedule and on budget
- are successful in acquiring the discretionary permits necessary for development
- have working knowledge of the technical disciplines required to leverage internal and external subject matter experts, including interconnection, resource assessment, real estate, GIS, etc.
- have experience with managing associate-level developers or above
- are able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders internally and externally to achieve project success.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 07-10-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operation US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to other offices and project communities.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.