Engineering and construction
Electrical Project Manager (cables)
Imagine a future where you help deliver the energisation of our offshore pipeline
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the Project Management function and provide leadership and project management in relation to our projects.
Welcome to Electrical Project Management
You’ll be part of Electrical Project Management Execution where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver against our business case targets for the electrical package, while safeguarding the reliability, operability, and performance of the electrical transmission system.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading a team responsible for the management of the design, installation, and commissioning workstreams for offshore export and/or array cable work packages
- driving the alignment of consenting, cable design, and offshore cable installation to freeze the optimal cable routing, including establishing key criteria, such as burial depth, landfall location, etc.
- leading the management of a wide range of design reviews, risks, health and safety, programmes, cost, quality, and compliance with specifications across either a multicontract or EPC contract concept
- managing external stakeholders related to the export cable package
- developing and implementing contingency plans in the event of unforeseen events impacting the work packages.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have project management competences equivalent to IPMA level A/B and/or PMI PMP
- have exceptional leadership, communication, stakeholder management, and negotiation skills and an excellent commercial understanding
- are able to prioritise and execute your tasks in order to meet deadlines
- have substantial relevant project experience from a matrix organisation within transmission systems, utility scale generation, and/or large construction projects
- preferably have HVDC cable production and/or installation experience.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 8 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Joanna Carter, Head of Electrical Project Execution, on +447384799853 if you’d like to know more about the position. The hiring manager is available to be contacted on 21 to 22 July and 2 to 6 August only.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.