Finance and controlling
Financial or Senior Financial Analyst
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for assessing asset optimisations and investment opportunities within green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll help the business create business cases and project valuations used to evaluate potential investments in new technologies, such as carbon capture, and to optimise the current Combined Heat and Power (CHP) assets. The analyses are used in contract negotiations with our heat customers.
Welcome to Investment Analysis
You’ll be part of the Markets & Bioenergy team where you, together with your colleagues, will support the business with analyses and valuations of the organisation’s energy assets, e.g. our CHP plants. You’ll be part of a caring and ambitious team of seven colleagues and work closely with contract managers, project developers, and energy market specialists to deliver business case models and investment decision material.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing valuations and investment optimisation of your own portfolio of projects, e.g. CHP plants
- developing, maintaining, and operating business cases and valuation models in Excel
- preparing decision material and recommendations for senior management and executives
- contributing with ad hoc financial analyses and participating in cross-functional and corporate development projects
- liaising with the many different stakeholders and helping to bridge the gap between finance and the rest of the business.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in finance, economics, or similar
- have some experience from an equivalent position in a large company, a consultancy company, or from investment banking
- are proficient and experienced in working in Excel with discounted cash flow valuation, risk modelling, and impact on accounts
- have a passion for the energy sector and preferably a basic understanding of market drivers and dynamics – experience with business case models of CHP plants is a plus
- have both empathy and power that enable you to impact the business and create good relationships across the organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andreas Michel Frederiksen, Senior Manager, on +4599556451 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.