Commodity Category Manager
Imagine a future where you join one of the best procurement teams in the world and become responsible for commodity category management across different regions and projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the entire strategy for buying commodities going into construction of offshore wind projects. This’ll include monitoring of the commodity markets, making recommendations to senior management of when to close contracts, supplier selection, and negotiations.
Welcome to Category Management & Supply Chain Development
You’ll be part of the Generation team where you, together with your colleagues, will drive the development and continue the competitive advantage we have within the turbine, foundation, and cable categories.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing and maintaining an efficient commodity management setup, including hedging
- being responsible for the category strategy for steel plates, copper, and other commodities
- communicating about market development, sourcing recommendation, supplier selection, price forecasts, etc.
- ensuring collaboration with key stakeholders from Engineering, Project Development, and Asset Projects
- preparing bid support for new projects in terms of price forecasts and supplier selection.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have solid demonstrable experience in commodity management from the financial sector, industry leaders within construction, or similar sectors
- possess strong analytical capabilities within the commodity markets
- are an empowered professional who isn’t afraid of taking responsibility and making recommendations
- thrive in a fast-growing company and are able to manoeuvre in an ever-changing environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Maria Lindhoff Kjær, Head of Category Management & Supply Chain, on +4599558941 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.