Operations and technicians
Head of Site for Windpark Borssele 1&2
Imagine a future where you manage and motivate the young, dynamic team running Borssele 1&2 wind farm
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the Continental EU Operations management team and be responsible for planning, managing, and maintaining the performance of the Borssele 1&2 wind farm and lead the site team.
Welcome to Borssele 1&2 wind farm
You’ll lead the Borssele 1&2 wind farm operations team of more than 60 employees and contractors. The team consists of a HSE manager, a site support manager, a site assistant, warehouse coordinators, technical site supervisors, offshore coordinators, and operations managers with their teams of wind technicians. Most employees are Vlissingen locals and multi-cultural external contractors. The team is young and very curious, as many are new joiners to the offshore wind industry.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being accountable for the safety of all people working on site and in the wind farm, as well as maintaining full legal and grid code compliance
- maintaining up-to-date insight into our asset management strategy and carrying out all resulting activities
- being responsible for implementing emergency response plans, incl. training, coordination, and exercising
- being responsible for the objectives related to HSE, revenue, optimisation, and budget
- being responsible for leading the continuous improvement of a strong, positive HSE culture and the development of the long-term objectives of the site
- ensuring that the site complies with the relevant legislation and the Ørsted management systems
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience working in a health and safety critical environment and hold a certificate from The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
- have experience with financial control, budget preparation, and contract negotiation
- have solid organisational, project and time management skills and want to complete training needed to go offshore
- have a’ hands-on’ management style and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- have extensive experience in the Dutch culture
- have good written and oral communications skills in both Dutch and English, and have good people skills.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews as per September.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Patrice Postuma, P&D Netherlands, on +31 615320160 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work within the Netherlands and also to headquarters and sister wind farms across Continental EU. From time to time, you’ll also go offshore to Borssele 1&2 wind farm.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.