Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Permitting - Program Permit Manager
Imagine a future where you’re part of the permitting team for offshore wind energy in the US
Join us in this role where you’ll be Program Permit Manager within the US Permitting team. As Program Permit Manager, you’ll have a key role in the development of our offshore wind projects on the east coast of the United States. You’ll be involved in a range of environmental, permitting, and scientific topics to support both permitting and construction across projects in our portfolio. You’ll work with colleagues in the United States and Europe, specialist consultants, and regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
Welcome to Permitting
You’ll be part of the Permitting team where you, together with your colleagues, will be involved in driving quality, standardization, and efficiency of deliverables to fit business objectives. You’ll work with colleagues in the United States and Europe, prioritizing organizational development, including organization structure, staff development, and processes in addition to actively contributing to QHSE performance standards.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving the permitting strategy at program level, considering how to optimize program and project activities, including, among others, stakeholder engagement, regulatory processes, the sequence of activities, and risk management
- advising on market activities involving permitting and environmental issues regarding early development projects relevant for the program to maximize competitiveness
- engaging with permit managers to discuss strategic issues, prioritizations, and implementation of cross-project lessons learned
- defining QA strategy and roles in addition to performing peer review and QA of key permit documents, gate documents, and procurement to ensure a uniform approach across projects
- delivering on key objectives, driving excellence, and communicating around QHSE performance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree within a relevant field, e.g. environmental policy, marine biology, marine affairs, law, or other related disciplines
- have, as a minimum, five years of experience in permitting, within offshore wind or a related industry, e.g. large infrastructure projects, electric utilities, or power generation through working for consultancies or related organizations
- have excellent knowledge of the environmental legislation and the permitting process in relation to the US market and have exceptional stakeholder management abilities
- are a trustworthy and impactful communicator with the ability to maintain a detailed dialogue, internally and externally
- have the ability to proactively manage risks and adapt in a changing environment
- are expected to be willing and capable of working independently as well as part of a global matrix environment with geographically dispersed colleagues.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 06/20/2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , at talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.