Strategy and business development
Lead Sustainability Advisor to drive Supply chain Decarbonisation Programme
Imagine a future where you can help shape how the renewable energy industry creates a carbon neutral supply chain for a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for driving and further developing our strategic programme to decarbonise our supply chain in close collaboration with Procurement. Launched just over a year ago, the programme is the company’s key initiative to decarbonise the renewable energy supply chain and to meet our ambitious target of a carbon neutral value chain in 2040. You’ll undertake the strategic direction and management coordination of the programme to grow and strengthen its impact.
Welcome to Global Sustainability
You’ll be part of Strategic Environmental Programmes where you, together with your colleagues, will enable the company to strengthen its position as a globally recognised climate and environmental leader. The team is responsible for the organisation’s portfolio of strategic environmental programmes, including our programmes to reach carbon neutrality, decarbonise our supply chain, enable circularity, and manage biodiversity impacts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the cross-functional Programme Management team consisting of colleagues in Procurement and QHSE, and coordinating all efforts to ensure the programme delivers on annual priorities
- driving the quarterly Steering Committee meetings, including preparing the agenda and decision materials, aligning with key stakeholders, and leading discussions to mature and grow the programme
- identifying and scoping new initiatives to strengthen the ability of the programme to engage our strategic suppliers and drive change in the renewable energy supply chain
- identifying existing or incubating new partnerships and collaborative initiatives to decarbonise the renewable energy supply chain, including representing the company in SteelZero together with Procurement
- continuously mapping our existing activities vis-à-vis trends, stakeholder expectations, and best practices to ensure our programme remains best in class.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong ability to identify trends and expectations to inform the long-term direction of the programme while also being able to define ‘here and now’ initiatives that’ll help us move in the intended direction
- are energised by leading diverse teams across the organisation towards the common goal of enabling the company to decarbonise the renewable supply chain
- can drive consensus and move initiatives forward
- have proven success with designing and implementing sustainability programmes in a global and complex organisation as well as with driving programmes through partnerships and collaborative initiatives
- possess strong project management skills and work in a well-structured manner, enabling you to quickly adapt project plans and priorities to changing requirements, while continuing to drive results
- are well-versed in communicating in oral and written English, can develop convincing top-down analyses, positions, and decision materials, and can adjust your communication style to the audience.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Maria Virginia Dundas, Head of Strategic Environment Programmes, on +4599557595 on weekdays between 12:00 and 13:00 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.