Operations and technicians
CMC Control Point Lead
Imagine a future where you shape the control point strategy and performance for the world's largest offshore wind fleet, controlling 6 GW across Europe
Join us in this role where you’ll lead our Global Control & Monitoring Centre’s control point philosophy, tools, and interfaces. You’ll manage internal and external systems and stakeholders to ensure we maintain our excellent compliance record across the UK and EU, as well as help design new control point methodologies in the US and Taiwan. Based in Barrow, you’ll be part of a team developing rapidly into the company’s Global Centre of Excellence – ensuring our assets perform at their best for both customers and regulators.
Welcome to Control & Monitoring Centre
You’ll be part of Global Surveillance & Support where you, together with your colleagues, will monitor and control our rapidly growing offshore wind fleet. Responding to wind turbines and transmission assets across four countries now, with the US and APAC joining soon, we make sure our assets are safe, compliant, and performing at their best. We’re at a pivotal point in our global growth journey, becoming the centre of the company’s global EPC & Operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating a roadmap for control point excellence, including reviewing and improving existing performance and processes as well as shaping the designs for new markets
- leading our interfaces with key stakeholders, including ensuring collaborative relationships with TSOs and regulators, alongside our own sites, compliance teams, and asset owners
- driving automation and digitalisation for effective control of our rapidly expanding asset base
- building an environment in which our operators can succeed, including training scenarios and lessons learned, alarm volume and philosophy, systems and tools, working set-up and infrastructure.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant experience from a major UK generator control point, including creating and managing compliance procedures and performance
- are familiar with control point best practices and REMIT responsibilities of EU generator/trader, including regulations and requirements as well as effective implementation and management
- are keen to work with and build competences in an ambitious team of 24/7 operators, including providing technical advice, delivering training, and promoting continuous improvement culture
- are proactive and keen to identify and implement improvement initiatives and share best practice across the department
- have experience with/interest in international control point practices and requirements, as well as those in the UK.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact James Robertson, Head of Control & Monitoring Centre, on +447810658161 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be based in Barrow but working with colleagues across the UK, EU, and ultimately the US and APAC. Although we can perform well working remotely, some travel may be beneficial at times.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.