Engineering and construction
Head of Electrical & Mechanical Sub. Design
Imagine a future where you work in a technical and strategic environment leading employees responsible for electrical and mechanical substations design.
Join us in this role where you, as head of our Electrical & Mechanical Sub. Design department, will be responsible for the design, supply, and execution of onshore and offshore substations, as well as for interfaces towards a number of stakeholders, such as O&M, Electrical Systems, and other functions. You’ll be tool owner of System Engineering and E-plan, and you’ll develop your employees’ business acumen to perform efficiently and with high quality. In your role, you’ll support the EPC & Operations strategy by ensuring the technical scope delivery of substations that contribute to a viable transmission system.
Welcome to Electrical & Mechanical Sub. Design department
You’ll be the Head of our Electrical & Mechanical Sub. Design department, which has 16 skilled, diverse, dynamic, and ambitious employees based at our offices in Skærbæk, Gentofte, and APAC. You’ll be part of an experienced mgmt. team with five senior managers and managers besides two senior specialists in Substation Electrical & Commissioning Mgmt. You, together with your colleagues, will lead highly competent Low Voltage Electrical & Mechanical engineers, and you’ll be responsible for ensuring cross organisational collaboration to enable innovation, improvements, and co-creation of value with our customers to reduce the cost of electricity and streamline our business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing daily line management tasks and providing leadership
- recruiting, coaching, and training people and people development
- ensuring good cooperation with customers and key stakeholders, especially with respect to other parts of business
- following up on our deliveries, design, and execution of onshore and offshore substations
- building up strategies and development of your own team and overall functional area.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, preferably within the field of Low Voltage / Medium Voltage power systems
- have experience with leading engineers across geographical distances in a strong matrix organisation
- have a passion for leadership and for the development of talented engineers, and have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- thrive in an international environment, work strategically, and excel in creating good relationships with your stakeholders
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Th. Andersen, Director, on +4599552834 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll visit your employees and key stakeholders on other locations in Denmark. Further travel activities will also be expected for visiting construction sites.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.