Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you’ll help drive the global energy transformation through world-class operational activities across our regional offshore operating portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team responsible for providing engineering support in all asset areas and improving asset performance and reliability.
Welcome to UK East Technical Site Support
You’ll be part of the UK East Regional Support team where you, together with your colleagues, will improve the reliability of our operating assets, provide input to the maintenance strategy, conduct root cause analyses (RCA), carry out structured problem-solving, manage technical risk, and perform management of change (MoC) processes. You’ll be the regional point of contact for all HV issues that require escalation to our global support teams and assist in long-term maintenance planning.
You’ll play an important role in:
- optimising the maintenance strategy of both onshore and offshore plants and equipment
- performing fault analyses, rectifying and documenting top ten faults for root cause analysis/structured problem-solving on major faults
- being the regional point of contact for HV issues that require escalation
- ensuring maintenance plans are up to date and technically planned using the CMMS system
- being the regional point of contact for the global compliance team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold an electrical/electronic engineering degree or equivalent
- have electrical engineering working experience in a relevant industry, including detailed knowledge and understanding of maintenance programs and planning
- have an in-depth knowledge of CMMS (preferably SAP)
- have a positive, collaborative, and proactive bias to working with multidisciplinary teams across the globe.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Robertson, Technical Site Support Team Lead, on +447769284040 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.